Please remember to complete the COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist each school day prior to entering your school building.
Guidance for COVID-19 in 2021-2022
Parkland School Division is excited to welcome back students for the start of the 2021-2022 school year and recognizes there are varying levels of concern when it comes to the Division’s guidance documents that will serve as our schools’ playbook as we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
Most importantly, PSD is committed to providing safe and caring environments for our staff and students to learn. Learning to live with COVID-19 is really our next challenge. PSD will have measures in place to safely facilitate learning.
2021-2022 School Year Plan
The Government of Alberta has created a plan focused on a normal return to school, with in-class learning for the majority of students, in fall 2021. The plan outlines key elements for the resumption of learning. Recognizing the dynamic nature of COVID-19, the appendix contains two contingency plans in the unlikely event that they may be needed.
As the plans and documents change and are updated frequently, the best place to link to the latest is the Government of Alberta website.
Guidance for School Re-Entry
The guidance provided in this document is intended to support school and school authority leaders in the safe operation of in-person classes and to reduce opportunities for transmission of COVID-19 in schools under Scenario 1 of the Re-Entry Plan.
Alberta Government, Health Services and Education Documents
Alberta Government/Alberta Health Services Resources
- Chief Medical Officer of Health's Order 33-2020
- Back to School During COVID-19
- K To 12 School Re-Entry - Guidance and Plans for Students to Start the 2020-21 School Year
Alberta Education 2020-2021 Documents
- 2020-21 School Re-Entry Plan
- Get the Facts: Back to Class for 2020-21
- Guidance for School Re-Entry - Scenario 1
- Implementing School Re-Entry Guidance - Updated January 21, 2021
- Guidance for School Re-Entry - Scenario 2
- Resource for COVID-19 In Schools - (Guide for before, during, and after an outbreak)