The Board has established eight Standing Committees for the ongoing study of major areas of responsibility.
One or more Trustees participate on each of the eight standing committees. The committees meet regularly to discuss the issues that are important to teachers, students and Parkland School Division staff.
The standing committees are listed below, as well as the Board representative(s) for each committee for the 2023-2024 school year:
- Alberta School Boards Association (ASBA) Zone 2/3 - Trustee Osborne, Trustee Stewart
- Alberta Teachers' Association (ATA) Labour Relations - Trustee Cameron, Trustee Hennig, Trustee McCann
- Audit Committee - Trustee Cameron, Trustee Montgomery, Trustee Wagner
- Benefit Plan Advisory Committee - Trustee Wagner
- Central Alberta Association of Municipal and School Employees (CAAMSE) Labour Relations - Trustee McCann, Trustee Stewart, Trustee Wagner
- Council of School Councils (COSC) - Trustee Osborne
- International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE) Labour Relations - Trustee Hennig, Trustee McCann, Trustee Wagner
- Public School Boards' Association of Alberta (PSBAA) Council - Trustee Cameron, Trustee Hennig
- Rural Caucus of Alberta School Boards (RCASB) - Trustee Montgomery
- Spruce Grove Joint Use Committee - Trustee Osborne
- Stony Plain Joint Use Committee - Trustee Hennig
- Teacher Board Advisory Committee (TBAC) - Trustee Cameron, Trustee McCann, Trustee Montgomery
- Teachers' Employer Bargaining Association Representative (TEBA) - Trustee Stewart
Committee recommendations are forwarded to the Board of Trustees and voted on at regular scheduled Board meetings.
For more information contact:
The Board of Trustees
Toll Free: 1-800-282-3997 (Alberta only)