The Board of Trustees is elected to represent five urban and rural wards during municipal elections that take place every four years.
The Board’s Primary Responsibilities:
- Allocating resources
- Monitoring, evaluating, and reporting student and organizational program and achievements
The Board's Assurance Elements in Governance:
- Trustees Assure Quality Learning and Wellness
- Trustees Engage, Listen and Advocate
- Trustees Demonstrate Responsibility
- Trustees Plan for Continual Improvement
- Trustees Foster Community Relationships
Advocates for Children
Our Trustees' first and greatest concern is the welfare of every child - without distinction as to who they are or what their background may be.
Trustees recognize that the future welfare of our area depends largely on the quality of education we provide in our public schools to fit the needs of individual learners.
Message from the Board Chair
Parkland School Division Board Chair, Lorraine Stewart, delivers a message to all students, staff and parents/guardians in the Division in advance of the Winter Break. Topics covered include the recent election, the division Annual Education Results Report and Transportation funding.
Lorraine Stewart - Ward 2 (Muir Lake School, Parkland Village School)
For more information contact:
The Board of Trustees
Toll Free: 1-800-282-3997 (Alberta only)