Tuesday, October 11, 2022 - The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders the highlights of our recent Board meeting held on Tuesday, October 11, 2022. The adopted minutes will be available on our website following the next Regular Board meeting.
Time codes of the LiveStream are included in brackets at the end of each item.
Regular Board Meeting
- The Board welcomed a delegation from both Connections for Learning and Duffield School who presented on the PSD Program of Choice: myPATH and myPATH Outdoor Pursuits. Through community partnerships, myPATH provides purposeful programming designed to promote acceptance of oneself and others, build a better sense of community, foster healthy relationships with peers and adults, encourage healthy behaviours and develop essential life skills. (12:56)
- The Board approved the annual 2022 Modular Submission Request. The request to be submitted to Alberta Infrastructure and Education will include:
- 6 new replacement modulars for École Meridian Heights School,
- 4 new modular classrooms for Copperhaven School,
- 9 new replacement modular classrooms at Blueberry School,
- 6 new replacement modular classrooms at Muir Lake School, and
- 6 new replacement modular classrooms at École Broxton Park School. (1:10:28)
- The Board approved a motion to establish a School Naming Committee to determine appropriate engagement and collaboration with stakeholders, and provide a recommendation to the Board whether to maintain the current name or re-name the Stony Plain Central Replacement School, and if so, what that name would be. The three trustees named to the committee include Trustee Cameron, Trustee Hennig and Trustee McCann.(1:29:00)
- The Board received as information the 2022-2023 Enrolment Report. The September 29 enrolment count for the 2022-2023 school year is 12,415 for the Division. This is an increase of 471 students or 3.9% over the 2021-2022 school year which includes the Athabasca Delta Community School. Excluding Athabasca Delta Community School enrolments increased by 315 students or 2.6% over the 2021-2022 school year. (1:41:30)
- The Board received as information, the Athabasca Delta Community School Report, as presented by Division Principal, Northern & Indigenous Relations, Dean Bernard. (1:53:05)
The next Regular Board meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 9:00 a.m.