Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders the highlights of our recent Board meeting held on Tuesday, September 13, 2022. The adopted minutes will be available on our website following the next Regular Board meeting.
Time codes of the LiveStream are included in brackets at the end of each item.
Regular Board Meeting
- The Board began proceedings with the swearing in of the Board Chair and Vice Chair as determined by the Organizational Meeting held in June. Trustee Lorraine Stewart stays on as Board Chair. Jill Osborne assumes the role of Vice Chair. (1:15)
- The Board received as information a video summary as part of the Superintendent's Report. Superintendent Boyce recapped a recent trip to Fort Chipewyan that included the historic signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation, Mikisew Cree First Nation, and Fort Chipewyan Métis who will form their own Community Education Authority. PSD will operate Athabasca Delta Community School in the interim. The trip also included a visit from the Minister of Education, Adriana LaGrange who toured the school.
- The Board received as information the 2022 Facilities Summer Work Report as presented by Director of Facilities, Serge LaBrie. (48:39)
- The Board received as information the Where the World Opens Up Report as presented by Associate Superintendent, Scott M. Johnston. (1:23:16)
- The Board received as information the Human Resources 2021-2022 Report as presented by Director, Human Resources, Shae Abba. (1:42:14)
The next Regular Board meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. Livestream