April 26, 2022 - Parkland School Division is proud to present another FREE information series for local families.
In our upcoming Strong Families series, Registered Psychologist Kelsey Wittebolle will discuss all things behaviour, including how individuals can encourage the best behaviour from their children.
Topics will include:
- Age-appropriate expectations
- The importance of relationships
- Shifting the parent's perspective
- How to honour the child's experience while setting limits
- Handling tantrums, separation anxiety, and big emotions
Following this discussion, families will be able to ask questions, and then have some time to try out the strategies they learn before returning in two weeks for a second session, where they can share their experiences and hone their skills further.
Please note: The content in each two-part series is the same, and most suitable for parents and guardians of children ages 2-6.
Wednesday Afternoon Series
Thursday Morning Series
Date: May 4 & May 18
Date: May 5 & May 19
To register for these sessions, please email Kelsey Wittebolle at firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate:
- The name(s) of those who would like to attend the series;
- Which series you would like to attend (Wednesday Afternoons or Thursday Mornings);
- The name of your child; and
- Any specific topic you would like to see covered in these sessions.
After you register, watch your inbox for a reply containing the information you will need to connect to the online sessions.
For more information, please contact:
Family Supports Facilitator