The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders the highlights of our recent Board meeting held on Tuesday, November 24, 2020. The adopted minutes will be available on our website following the next Regular Board meeting.
- The Board welcomed a delegation that included a collaborative team from Blueberry School who provided a remote presentation on Peer Teaching and Learning. The delegation included Principal Sheryl Bridgeman, Grade 9 teacher Karen Lasuik, as well as Grade 9 Students Matt Audet, Abby Mykula and Owen Stockwell.
- The Board approved the Audited Financial Statement for the year ended August 31, 2020. Highlights include:
- Revenues for the year were $124,691,891
- Operating expenses for the year were $124943,328
- The Division ended the fiscal year with an operating deficit of $251,437
- The Board approved the Annual Education Results Report with a look back at the 2019-2020 school year. The Annual Education Results Report for 2019-2020 addresses the previous year’s achievement on each of the Board’s locally developed assurance elements and on Alberta Education’s Business Plan outcomes.
- The Board approved the Electoral Ward Bylaw (Bylaw 1-2020), in preparation for the 2021 local election. The bylaw was drafted to reflect new legislation (under the 2019 Education Act), clarify descriptions of the wards and update the bylaw’s title.
- The Board approved revisions to Board Policy 7: Board Operations to ensure that legislative changes and approved changes to the Board remuneration model were reflected.
- The Board approved a recommendation to appoint Eva Beyer from the Parkland County municipal offices as the Returning Officer, and Barb Williams, also of Parkland County, as the Substitute Returning Officer for Parkland School Division for the 2021 Local Election.
- The Board received as information the Off-Campus Education Assurance Report.