Tuesday, March 8, 2022 - The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders the highlights of our recent Board meeting on Tuesday, March 8, 2022. The adopted minutes will be available on our website following the next Regular Board meeting.
- The Board recognized Alyssa Bridgeman from Connections for Learning, Laura Kraus from
Graminia School, and Taylor Pocock from Spruce Grove Composite High School, as the three Parkland School Division Edwin Parr nominees. And further, that the Board submitted Taylor Pocock as the PSD nominee to the Alberta School Boards Association Zone 2/3
Edwin Parr Selection Committee for the provincial award recognizing six finalists as outstanding first year teachers in the province.
- The Board approved the 2022-2023 Fees and Allowances Schedule. (522A) Fee increases are required to operate the regional transportation system on a break-even basis. The fee increases are being proposed to offset Transportation’s anticipated increases in fuel, carbon tax and contractor rates due to inflation and insurance.
- The Board received approved the Three Year Capital Plan Submission.
- Year One (2022-2023)
Priority One - Replacement of Spruce Grove Composite High School at a cost of $60-70 million dollars.
Priority Two - New K-9 (900 capacity) School in Spruce Grove (East Side) at a cost of $25 million dollars.
- Year Two (2023-2024)
Priority One - Modernization of Tomahawk School at a cost of $2-3 million dollars.
Priority Two - Modernization and preservation of Brookwood School at a cost of $12-14 million dollars.
- Year Three (2024-2025)
Priority One - Modernization and preservation of Forest Green School at a cost of $12-16 million dollars.
Priority Two - New K-9 (900 capacity) School in Spruce Grove (West side) at a cost of $25 million dollars.
- Year One (2022-2023)
- The Board approved the revised Board Policy 10: Policy Formation and Review.
- The Board approved the revised Board Policy 8: Board Committees and Representation.
- The Board received as information the 2021-2022 Infrastructure Maintenance Renewal (IMR)/Capital Maintenance Renewal (CMR) Expenditure Report.
- The Board received as information the Numeracy Report as presented by Division Principal, Katherine Mann.
The next Regular Board meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. Livestream