Regular Board Meeting Highlights - February 2, 2021
The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders the highlights of our recent Board meeting held on Tuesday, February 2, 2021. The adopted minutes will be available on our website following the next Regular Board meeting.
- The Board welcomed a virtual delegation from Woodhaven Middle School. Phys. Ed. teachers William Chan and Nathan MacLachlan were joined by Principal Chris Shaw to discuss how many Parkland School Division schools have collaborated and conducted phys ed programming during the pandemic and specifically through times where remote/at-home learning has been necessary.
- The Board referred the revised Board Policy 2: Role of the Board to the next Board PSD Tomorrow meeting February 23, 2021 for further discussion.
- The Board approved revisions to Board Policy 1: Divisional Foundation Statements updating references and creating better alignment with the Education Act.
- The Board received as information the Occupational Health and Safety Report as presented by Deputy Superintendent, Mark Francis.
- The Board received as information the Student Services Assurance Report as presented by Director, Student Services, Leah Andrews.
- The Board received as information the Transportation Services Department Report as presented by Director, Transportation Services, John Blood.
- Vice Chair, Eric Cameron, gave a Notice of Motion to be brought forward to the March 2, 2021 Regular Board meeting regarding vaccination priority for school-based employees and contractors.