Early Education Spaces Still Available
Space is still available in our Early Education Program for the 2022-2023 school year.
Early Education is a free program that provides extensive play-based learning enriched with specialized supports to young children identified as having a severe delay or diagnosis, as well as children with mild to moderate delays. If your child struggles with communication, anxiety, following directions or has difficulties with transitions or schedule changes, this program might be a good fit.
The program provides:
- Learning that is guided by a professional teacher;
- A low student-to-staff ratio;
- Individualized program planning with parents to address each child’s needs;
- Specialized, intensive service in areas of diverse needs;
- Integrated and individual speech and language services; and,
- Access to physiotherapy, occupational therapy and psychological services.
Our morning program supports children between the ages of 2 years 8 months to 3 years and 8 months, as of September 1, 2022. Our afternoon program supports children between the ages of 3 years 8 months to 4 years 8 months, as of September 1. More program information is available on our Early Education Program page.
To apply for the Early Education Program, please complete and submit a Parkland School Division registration form. When your registration form is processed, Early Childhood Services will contact you to let you know if your child has been accepted into the program.
Please note that transportation is not available for Early Education students.
For more information about programming for children with diverse needs, please contact:
Early Education Facilitator