Role of the Vice-Chair
The Vice-Chair shall be elected by the Board at its Organizational Meeting, and thereafter at any time determined by the Board, to hold office during the pleasure of the Board.
1. The Vice-Chair shall act on behalf of the Board Chair, and shall have all the duties and responsibilities of the Board Chair whenever:
1.1. The Board Chair is absent, or
1.2. The Board Chair is deemed to have a conflict-of-interest in matters that pertain to the Board.
2. The Vice-Chair shall assist the Board Chair in ensuring that the Board operates in accordance with its own policies and procedures and in providing leadership and guidance to the Board.
3. Prior to each Board meeting, the Vice-Chair shall confer with the Board Chair and Superintendent on items to be included on the agenda, the order of these items and become thoroughly familiar with them.
4. The Vice-Chair shall review and approve the Board Chair’s expenditure claims, in accordance with Board policy.
5. The Vice-Chair may be assigned other duties and responsibilities by the Board Chair.