AP 540: Inventories
Business & Finance
The purpose of this administrative procedure is to safeguard Division’s assets. This includes effective processes that monitor the current inventory of the Division’s technology and capital equipment.
1. The Principal or Site Supervisor shall maintain accurate record of all assets that includes: 1.1. The individual to whom the asset is assigned;
1.2. A process for recording the “sign-out” and “return” of assets.
1.3. At a minimum, annually, there shall be a video recording of all assets at each site that serves as virtual inventory. Such video recordings shall be provided to the Director of Facility Services.
2. The Principal or Site Supervisor shall collect all assigned assets when the individual to whom the asset is assigned becomes reassigned to a different school or site, or their employment with the Division terminates. In some circumstances, Principals or Site Supervisors may mutually agree to transfer certain assets.
3. Financial Services shall maintain an inventory of all school and site property valued at five thousand dollars ($5,000) or more:
3.1. This amount shall be per item;
3.2. Site Supervisors or Principals shall inform Financial Services with respect to the disposal of capital assets;
3.3. Site Supervisors or Principals shall assure an appropriate process occurs for the disposal of assets as per Administrative Procedure 542 – Disposal of Assets.
4. Technology Services shall maintain an inventory of technology hardware equipment including computer devices, servers, routers, switches, wireless controllers and equipment over $5,000 for schools and the Division office.
5. Principals and Directors shall exhibit prudent stewardship of Division resources.