AP 406: Personnel Records
Personnel & Employment
The Superintendent ensures that accurate and current personnel records for all staff are securely maintained and protected.
1. Personnel records are maintained for the purpose of collecting information including, but not limited to:
1.1. Applications for employers, offers of employment, job assignment;
1.2. Leaves of absence;
1.3. Performance appraisal and evaluation;
1.4. Payroll and benefits information, including years of service;
1.5. Correspondence with the employee;
1.6. Staff development and / or achievements;
1.7. Any other information needed to support the management of staff based on regulatory requirements; and/or
1.8. Information that verifies Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check documents shall be securely stored within the personnel record.
2. Access to personnel records shall be limited to only those employees of the Division who require the information.
3. An employee may have access to the employee’s own personnel record in the presence of authorized Division Office staff, but must not remove or delete any part of the record.
4. Upon request, an employee is able to obtain copies of a document contained in the employee’s own personnel record.
5. Division personnel shall not divulge, in any form, information contained in personnel records, except as required by law or with the written consent of the employee.
6. Personnel records shall be managed in accordance with the Division’s Records Management Program.