AP 156: Flag Protocol
Administration of Policy and Legislation
Principals and appropriate Division Office personnel shall ensure that the flags of Canada, Alberta, and Treaty 6 are displayed at schools and other Division facilities.
With respect to General Flag Protocol Procedures:
1. Flags shall be displayed and disposed of as per Canada’s Rules for Flying the National Flag of Canada.
2. The Canadian flag shall be displayed in each classroom.
3. The Canadian and Alberta flags shall be flown at each school.
4. The Canadian, Alberta and Treaty 6 flags shall be flown at Division Office.
5. The Canadian and Alberta flags shall be displayed at all public functions held in the schools.
6. The Principal shall ensure that flags are purchased as required within the school.
7. The Principal shall ensure that Canada and Alberta flags are displayed in accordance with section 1 of this procedure.
8. Flags shall be flown at half-mast in response to the death of persons associated with the Division and for prominent citizens;
8.1. The Superintendent or designate shall instruct schools when it is appropriate to lower flags to half-mast.
8.2. A lowered flag shall be raised at sunset on the day of the funeral or service for the deceased.