AP 550: Community Partnerships
Business & Finance
Community partnerships are agreements between the Division and the private sector for mutually acceptable purposes.
The development of partnerships with community businesses and organizations can provide benefits for the Division's students and staff and the staff of community partners and, in the process, increase the community partners’ understanding of public education.
a) Partnership Agreement: A written agreement signed by the Superintendent or designate in collaboration with a municipality, community agency or group to advance the experience or learning culture for students. Such Partnership Agreements may be in the form of either a “System-Based Community Partnership” (a community partner who works with more than one school or the school system), or a “School-Based Community Partnership” (when a community partner works with a single school in the Division).
1. All Partnership Agreements shall ensure that the Division’s obligations with respect to its students are safeguarded.
2. The outcomes of all Partnership Agreements and subsequent activities must serve to enhance the delivery of a quality experience for students, based on the principles of public education.
3. Partnership Agreements shall be designed and operated at the highest levels of community expectations for public education.
4. All Partnership Agreements require the approval of the Superintendent or designate.
5. All Partnerships Agreements shall be evaluated annually, in accordance with the terms and conditions specified in the partnership agreement.